Monday, December 27, 2010

In Memory of. . .

Here are my two most recent custom quilts.  Both of these people had posted an Alchemy request to turn their loved ones clothing into a quilt.  I bid on both and my bids were accepted.  I feel so honored to be entrusted with the creation of these special pieces.

The first customer's is made using her late Grandfather's neck ties.  She hired me to make this lap quilt for her Grandmother for Christmas.  She picked out the pattern and fabrics and shipped them to me. She said her Grandfather wore a tie everyday.  I love the way this turned out!



The second customer sent me her late Father's dress shirts and additional material to make this queen sized quilt for her younger sister and new husband for Christmas.  Their Father was described to me as a well-dressed, dapper man who was extremely loved and missed.  Again, I love the way this one turned out also!




Thank you both for the pleasure of creating these special heirloom quilts for you and your family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment