Monday, October 17, 2011

The Many Quilts of an Only Child

Being the Mother of an only child has it's advantages.  For example, no matter where I go with him, I always have one free hand if I'm holding his. Or, I only have to buy presents for one child and never have to worry if I'm being even in $ or quantity. Or, If he's with my husband, I have the day child-free. OR, I can make a different quilt for (almost) every phase he goes through.  Here are a few of his phases. . .

Thomas the Train

Monster Trucks

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

I've made a few more than these for him and have two more planned.  The very first quilt I ever made was for him and was John Deere tractors, and he has a second Thomas the Train quilt also.  He also has a crochet "snuggly", you know, the blanket with arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment